Thursday, April 29, 2010

Grandma White's Visit


David's Mom came and visited us for a few days. We took her to see the City of Rocks and a couple of caves near here. She was a really good sport to go everywhere with us, and we had a great time.

We saw a sheepherder's wagon being pulled up to the hills. I'm amazed they still use these.


The City of Rocks

Teapot Cave

Another shot inside Teapot cave. It's called teapot cave because you enter in through the "spout" to get to the inside, which is round and has a hole at the top like a teapot. It was so interesting, and I was really surprised to find ferns growing on the bottom. I didn't expect that since it was out in the middle of the desert.

4 comments:

(me)linda said...

Where's the cave? We went to craters of the moon last year with the kids, and they LOVED the caves.

Tracie White said...

It's pretty hard to find, so I think the easiest way is the give you the gps coordinates.

42.9935, -114.8538

It's just a few miles north-west of Gooding. You'll definitely want a 4x4 vehicle with high clearance...and some dramamine if anyone gets motion sick. :)

molly strong said...

YAY for caves, I love that you are exploring, and that you are giving others the strongly suggested option of doing the same.

grandmajane said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all.