Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A What Kind of Party?

I got a phone call from an elderly woman in our ward today asking me if I would like to go with my neighbor (who is also elderly) to a make up party at her house. Confused, I asked if my neighbor needed me to drive her, because I really only wear make up about once a year...if I have to. No, she said that she would really like me to come and participate.

I don't think I'll be going seeing how 1) I feel totally okay with how I look without makeup, 2) My husband loves the way I look without it, 3) My children look at me weird when I do put it on, and 4) I'm allergic to a lot of it and it makes my face swell up.

Several people have tried to "help" me by giving me makeovers, and each time I go through the experience with amusement. I think it's funny that other people aren't okay with the fact that I'm okay with how I look. How silly is that? I never want to be offensive though, so I let them do their thing, tell them they did a fabulous job, then wash it off as soon as I get home.

So in lieu of painting my face so I can "look nice" for my loved ones, I'm going to stay home and spend time with them instead.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hehe. I don't wear make up either. My husband doesn't like it much, and my kids think it's weird. I do feel guilted into it... occasionally, but not enough to fork out that $ to Mary Kay.

Pops said...

nothing like a good tan...unca dale

Amy E. said...

Kudos to you! Don't be guilted or pushed into wearing makeup if you don't want to! I wear it, but wish I either had the confidence or beauty not to!