David is on the new billboard for the hospital. We think yesterday was the first day it was up, because that's when we got the first phone call from someone who saw it. It's not overly exciting; he's got his stethoscope out and listening to a patient. It makes me smile when I see it though, because that's my husband up there, and also because I don't think I would want my face on a billboard along the interstate...or anywhere else for that matter. But it doesn't bother him to have it up there.
He said that since Gooding has such a high illiteracy rate, most people that know him will probably think it's a Wanted poster and call the police. So if you're ever driving along Interstate 84 by Wendell, and looking at the billboards, wave hi to David (but don't call the police...or do. Maybe I can get him under house arrest and have him home for a little while.)
5 comments:
It's hard to imagine David on a huge billboard. He lives life large on his own without an oversized document of it. Where's the picture on your blog of it? We need it for posterity!
the supreme grandma is correct! take a pix and post it! i wanna see the celebrity 'neff...unca dale
Wow. That is so cool! I am glad things are going well for you guys.
I request, no, DEMAND a photo of the billboard!
Yes, I want to see the billboard too! Congrats to David on being famous.
Post a Comment