We have a community garden plot this year, and as we were planting we found this old key. I guess an old schoolhouse used to be on this site. I gave it to Jacob, and he is really excited about it.
Bridget got some art projects from Aunt Jenais and Uncle Mark for her birthday. She shared with Jacob, and they had a great time doing them.
Driving home yesterday, Jacob interrupted our conversation with some frantic hand-waving. (We make his raise his hand because we got tired of him always yelling out Mom!Mom!Mom!) Excited, he told us, "I see a bum in the clouds!" Only a 5 year-old would see that. Luckily David was driving, and we had the camera in the car, so I got a picture before it dissolved into something else. I've been laughing about it all day. The picture is a little bit blurry because we were driving, and I was laughing.
5 comments:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I love the clouds!
Oh, and cool key.
What a great thing that Jacob was making observations as he rode along. He is a very perseptive young man. Glad you were able to capture his bum cloud with your camera. It's great!
I totally see it!
I see the bum, too!
Tell Jacob he is a bum-looker.
It must be genetic, because I remember "bums" being an endless source of amusement to David and I when we were kids.
Fun to see the pictures of the kids' art, too.
And your painting is cool! Are you planning on stopping at Multnomah Falls on your way up here? It is a beautiful and short hike, and I hear the cafe below the falls has AMAZING homemade huckleberry syrup and other good food. That part really the whole Columbia River Basin) is my favorite part of the drive.
I adore this post for so many reasons.
#1 old key = awesome. What a fun treasure!
#2 the waterfall: I love a big waterfall, but I think it's even more neat that you're gutsy enough to try and paint one. It's beautiful!. I ready admire the way you work to expand and grow your talents.
#3 bunsies in the sky: Kids are fantastic! That cracked me up so much. Loved it!
Post a Comment