Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Painting of Grandma's House

I've been wanting to do a painting for my Grandma for about a year now. I was in a dilemma though, because I didn't have much in the way of reference material, and I didn't know if I could do it. I finally just decided that I wanted to do it anyway, so I had to paint from memory, an old photograph from a different perspective, and from watching an old family reunion video. I also ended up calling my dad and picking his brain too. So this is what I came up with.


(Sorry, there's a glare from the over head lights, but you get the idea.)

7 comments:

Carrie Medford said...

It looks awesome! Great job!

Natalie Strong said...

We love it. Grandma said, "It looks just like the old house."

dallin said...

Nice! You are very talented.

Deanna said...

Beautiful, Tracie!

grandmajane said...

It's a real treasure, Tracie. Your memory serves you well.

Stephanie said...

Good job Tracie!

Tara said...

Way to go!