Monday, September 20, 2010

Family Trip

We took a family trip to northern Idaho, by the Montana border. Northern Idaho is really beautiful, and it was fun to see it together. We took our bikes and did a really fun bicycle ride over 15 miles of an old train track. It went through 9 tunnels and 7 tressels (I think) and was really beautiful. It was well worth the long drive to get there.

We biked a little bit of the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes the first day. It runs for 73 miles between somewhere by Coeur d'Alene and almost to the Montana border. Jacob had a lot of fun until we turned around, then he got tired. Yes, those are bike chains being used to tow him.


Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes.


I love Idaho. This was parked in the town we stayed at. We told Jacob it was like Tow Mater from the movie Cars.


3 comments:

Katie said...

I've heard about those old railroad trails before. It sounds way fun. Glad you guys could get out for some fun before the summer's completely gone.

Clever use of bike chains.

Classy lookin' truck.

Kendell said...

Fun exercise....and Fun family memories!

molly strong said...

I really do love bike trails, if one can ride without the interferance of cars, one is lucky. Well worth the journey in my opinion. I am a little green.