
It was really cold last week, with highs between 14 and 18 degrees. Finally it warmed up to 30, and we went outside as fast as we could. We miss summer.


Our Christmas tree had an unfortunate accident. The stand had a crack in it, and leaked water every time we watered the tree. The water soaked through the carpet and saturated the old hardwood floor underneath, causing the boards to swell and slowly buckle upwards. We thought the tree was leaning because the kids kept pulling on the ornaments. Luckily, no one was under the tree when it fell.
3 comments:
kind of sad when we can get excited about 30 degrees huh, but winter in the desert tundra seems to do that to a person. sorry about your tree, I hope you didn't lose any of the good ornaments.
So sad about your tree! Does that mean yet another construction project?
Wow!!! I can't believe it! Glad to know everybody was fine. By the way, happy belated birthday. I did think of you on the 15th. I am glad to know that you guys are having fun.
Post a Comment