Sunday, December 21, 2008
Opera in Church
We were singing the closing hymn today, when out from the middle section there arose one voice to stand out above all the rest. It sounded to me like she was a middle-aged Relief Society sister. It was a little young to be taking the position of ward opera singer, but she probably couldn't wait. To be honest, I can't wait either. One day I hope to be the one woman in the ward who unabashedly belts out the hymns louder than everyone else, an octave higher, and with a healthy amount of vibrato. The position is vacant in our ward, so either the woman singing was a visitor, or one of the members in our ward was trying out for the part. Maybe next week I'll try out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
It's true--every ward has one. But I think you're still too young. Maybe we should all practice whenever we visit another ward so we will prepared to do it when we're old enough.
Let me know when your audition is. I will make a trip up there just to hear it.
Church just wouldn't be the same without it, right?! I'm rooting for you.
Go Tracie! I want you to visit our ward now.
Tracie doesn't need to 'try out'. She is well seasoned as an opera singer. Just ask any of the sibs.
Lol! Love your perspectives on humanity-they give me a little smile. :)
This is a very nice blog
This is a friend of Dave's
I tried to email him and send him my family Christmas letter, butI don't seem to get it right
classax@aol.com
The Klinger's
Post a Comment